SALARY: $22.97-26.63 (35 hours per week)
DIVISION: Marketing & Communications
CAMPUS: St. James
STATUS: Full Time Probationary Position
Effective Date: Asap
- Maintains the College Web site and Intranet site by adding new content, updating existing content and links.
- Verifies that the College Web pages and codes are correct, up to date and functioning properly.
- Troubleshoots and resolves Web content and link problems identified by users.
- Implements Web site accessibility requirements and solutions as required.
- Advises, communicates and coordinates with Communications & Marketing and other academic division or services areas in areas related to Web development.
- Provides back up support and assistance to the Webmaster including maintaining email list databases.
- Implements the new College identity and new web site architecture for both the Intranet and Internet sites.
- Adapts a wide range of products for use on the Web and maintains Web and corporate standards.
- Adapts electronic print files for use on the College Web site, including text, photography, images, pdfs, promotional, collateral, forms, etc. and digitizes video and audio for use online.
- Creates and distributes e-marketing materials and writes content for the Internet, Intranet and for e-marketing materials such as e-newsletters, e-invitations, etc.
- Implements search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and ensures that content is written, edited and optimized for maximum visibility/ranking on external search engines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three year diploma or degree from a recognized post secondary institution in Computer Systems/Networks/Web Technologies or equivalent education and experience and/or training in Web technologies.
- Minimum two years Web design and Web technologies experience including experience in developing and/or maintaining at least two large Web sites.
- Ability to write and edit content for the Web and e-Marketing materials.
- Advanced skills in working with Mac, Windows platforms, browser capabilities and search engines as well as knowledge of data communications concepts and protocols i.e. TCP/IP, IPX.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel and knowledge of graphic applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Quark Xpress and the ability to edit video using Adobe Premiere Elements and ability to edit audio using Adobe Audition.
- Strong understanding of site architecture, intuitive web navigational design and layout and design fundamentals.
- Excellent oral and written communication including solid writing skills for the Web and e-Martketing materials to ensure maximum optimization, visibility/ranking on external search engines.
- Excellent interpersonal and human relation skills.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in an environment where diversity of people and situations are encountered.
Please send covering letter quoting competition #06-151 and a resume using only one (1) method to:
The Human Resources Department
500 MacPherson Avenue,
Toronto, Ontario M5R 1X1
Fax: (416) 415-4115
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and aboriginal peoples. For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca