This position is for a Senior User Interface Designer (UI Designer). As a member of the HSBC User Centered Design (UCD) team, you will use research and design skills to discover, understand, promote and visually communicate the goals of the end user while balancing the needs of the business and brand. You will participate in many aspects of feature design, including gathering and communicating design data via task flow analysis and user scenarios and proposing new user interaction design to meet business requirements for the best possible user experience. The Senior UI Designer will partner with User Researchers and Web Production Engineers and will ultimately deliver and communicate the results to business stakeholders. Schedule and manage the entire visual design throughout the project lifecycle and oversee any UI Designer assigned to the project. You will hold a larger role in evangelizing and marketing the UI team's services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create site architecture documentation including interaction models, site navigation, information structuring, labeling, and searching systems and translate into visual experiences to offer insights on technological impacts
- Provide design direction and act as a leader to UI Designers
- Create, design and deliver effective, intuitive and pleasing user interface design mock-ups with one or more diagramming and design tools including Visio, Adobe Photoshop, or equivalent programs
- Maintain an awareness of current trends in technology, design, eBusiness, marketing and financial services to identify opportunities to enhance the experience design of interactive products and services
- Multi-task, manage and act as creative lead on larger, more complex projects including taking ownership of creative scheduling, deadlines, deliverables, quality control and art direction
- Foster a collaborative creative environment by sharing critiques and participating in project and team brainstorming sessions
- Observe, understand, and translate research (field observation, contextual interviewing, task analysis, usability testing, competitive analyses, industry trends, social trends, stakeholder interviewers) to uncover customer and business needs and define visual context of project
- Understand what users of web-based products need and want to do in the context of those products; design interfaces for those products that best serve the users’ needs while balancing the needs and expectations of the business
- Communicate with and offer refinements to the business requirements if out of synch with research of user needs
- Create material for user testing (paper prototypes, electronic click-through prototypes, live system testing, etc)
- Evaluate and translate research findings into actionable insights and user interface improvements
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events
- Complete other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Interactive/Multimedia Design, Graphic Design, Studio Art, Human Computer Interaction, or related area
- A minimum of five years experience creating and developing experience design solutions for high-traffic dynamic interactive products or services as well as experience with e-commerce design
- Experience in product and application design in a consulting environment preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills; good analytic and problem solving skills; an understanding of user-centered design principles; knowledge of industry best practices and standards; and a professional communicator inside and outside the design team
- Knowledge of personalization, customization and content management systems preferred
- Only those who present an online portfolio in the initial application that demonstrates a strong understanding of and passion for experience design and graphic design principles will be considered
If you are seeking a challenging and promising career, HSBC has a world of professional opportunities for you to explore. We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package, including incentive pay, plus reduced rates for loans and mortgages.
At HSBC, we value diversity in our workforce and invite all qualified applicants to submit a cover letter and resume. Thank you in advance for your interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.