CHUM Interactive has an immediate opening for a RedDot CMS developer with guru-like skills. If you know what RQL is, know how to create your own custom â€œdotsâ€, and are able to make RedDot and .NET play well together we have a position waiting for you!
You will work as part of a team to develop and extend Canada's top rated news property â€“ CityNews.ca. Success in this position will involve a flexible approach to problem solving, technical excellence, and strong communication skills to help bridge the technical gaps with non-technical stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the lead CMS Architect to design and implement new projects and capabilities of existing sites
- Improve ease of use and site functionality through technical innovations
- Conduct unit, integration, and performance tests
- Develop and maintain re-usable code libraries to maximize programming efficiencies.
- Prepare appropriate documentation
- Troubleshoot and provide escalated support of new and existing systems
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Education and Training
- University Degree or relevant technical courses / diplomas.
- Work Experience
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum 3-5+ years experience in web development and interactive media. Must demonstrate expertise with the RedDot CMS and have experience working on complex, mission critical applications in a dynamic multi-project environment.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- RedDot CMS, RQL,
- ASP, ASP.NET (C# experience preferred), Windows 2K3, IIS and SQL Server.
- Expertise with RedDot CMS and Microsoft .NET development tools is mandatory for this role.
- Experience with RD LiveServer is an asset.
Please note this is not a web designer position. It is a technical role that involves extensive custom software design and coding.
Please apply with resume (including a detailed list of previous projects) to Andre Gaulin, Technology Manager – andre.gaulin [at] chumtv.com