ProMobility, Inc. is looking for a software engineer to help development and maintenance of our device update technology for RIM Blackberry and Treo products. This job involves continuing development of the software used to program handhelds and smart phones with the latest operating system software and radio firmware during development, within our repair process.
- Design and implementation of the processes and software required for device update/system software.
- Design methods for programming and modifying firmware updates, custom theme design and logo control
- Extend the features to multiple products and platforms as requested by internal customers
- Respond to internal repair, technician, customer and developer issues, troubleshoot problems and respond with recommendations, patches or upgrades as appropriate
- 3+ years of experience in software development, with mobile devices as required, RIM and Palm or similar handheld operating systems.
- Demonstrated design skills; proficient C and C++ coding and debugging skills, good problem solving skills
- Experience with handheld communication via serial, USB, HTTP, TCP/IP useful
- Significant project experience developing software for RIM, Palm OS, Pocket PC, Win CE, or similar handheld platforms
- Experience in several software projects from design through delivery
- Demonstrated success working in collaborative team projects
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Agile Software Methodologies a plus (Extreme Programming, Scrum, etc.)
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com., or call Joeseph Belcredi directly 905-470-2868×223