The incumbent will be responsible for interfacing with our business users, gathering requirements, and doing the necessary OO analysis & design, development, testing, documentation, maintenance and support. The incumbent will be a member of a team of 8 developers; and will develop at all three application tiers (with emphasis on the middle tier).
This position should appeal to a senior developer looking for emphasis on business application development, and smaller projects with more project co-ordination then generally available in a development role.
Preference will be given to seasoned developers who can lead change and the introduction of technology: open source and others. Such developer must have excellent common sense (backed by business and technical experience) to foretell what will work, what wont, and why.
- Excellent communication skills. (Oral, listening, written, etc).
- Results driven, team player with business acumen and common sense; that can work with minimal supervision and direction. The ability to lead sub-projects is a definite asset.
- Good appreciation for, and experience with logistics, workflow, and business application development.
- Good appreciation for automation objectives – minimize human resources while maximizing quality and content and generating clear and precise activity and exception reports to drive operations effectiveness.
- Knowledge and appreciation for the SDLC.
- Proficiency with OOAD; and OO Modeling.
- Proficiency with Java, J2EE, JDBC and associated technologies.
- Proficiency with SQL query.
- Degree or Diploma in Software Development/Computer Science/Information Systems.
- Min 5 years commercial software development experience.
- Min 5 years OO experience. Proficiency with OOAD; and OO Modeling.
- Min 2-3 years commercial experience with JSP, Servlets, Java, J2EE, EJB, JDBC and SQL.
Additional assets include:
- Knowledge and experience with automotive data and the automotive industry.