Softchoice Corporation is a runaway hit. Softchoice makes it simple for businesses across North America to select, acquire and manage software and hardware resources. As the fastest growing reseller in the US and #1 in Canada, our dedication to providing the best selection of products to our customers is stronger than ever. Our partnerships with 4000+ software and hardware vendors (including Microsoft, IBM, HP and 3Com) enables us to be a single source solution for our small, medium and large business clients. For our employees, we provide a progressive and tech savvy workplace suited to ambitious and passionate people
We have an immediate opportunity for a creative, driven and user experience focused Web Interface Designer/Developer to join our e-Business team at our International Headquarters in Toronto.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Interface Development, you will manage the development, design and maintenance of our Website. You will work as a critical member of a team dedicated to ensuring our Websites meets the highest quality and content standards. This is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative Business-to-Business e-Commerce team.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate a portfolio of work and sample URLs.
The Interface Designer/Developer is responsible for leading the intelligent interface design and implementation of the user experience in an e-Commerce environment. Your expertise in site structure and content management will be critical in the optimization of Web applications for maintenance and quality. Your passion for e-Commerce and process and design innovation will contribute to shaping our Web vision today and into the future.
- Design and build Web interfaces
- Combine design theory and take into consideration content, navigational structure and usability issues to continually optimize the user experience
- Innovate and build-on the existing Web template architecture
- Author application logic to implement client side functionality in multi-tier applications
- Work closely with members of the team to implement and optimize rich media and dynamic Web experiences
- Design graphics using Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash and demonstrate an understanding of client side tools such as Java Script and HTML
- Develop Web pages and templates using CSS, xHTML, XML in Dreamweaver
- Assist in the development of requirements and specifications documentation
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget, and with a high level of quality
- Able to edit content and establish content guidelines
- Work with the team to determine browser or other client side technology recommendations, execution and QA
- Proficient in Website interface design/development in a digital production environment using Photoshop and Illustrator (minimum of 2 years experience)
- Proficient user of Dreamweaver
- Familiar with accessibility standards
- Intermediate expertise developing in Shockwave, Flash, SMIL, Real Audio/Video and other rich media applications and protocols (minimum of 1 year experience)
- Knowledge of Macintosh and Windows operating systems and associated browser standards, applications and utilities
- Experience with content management systems and search engine optimization
- Able to author requirements, specifications and related documents; experience working within full life cycle Web projects
- Able to work well under pressure in a task/module oriented project team environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Copywriting experience and French language skills are assets
- Proficiency employing version control, issue tracking, and build/release management
Graphic design experience or formal training is an asset. Students of a new media degree program preferred, but candidates from other disciplines/programs will be considered.
Softchoice offers a great blend. Enjoy the benefits and an environment that are important to you:
- Our health benefits are competitive, including medical, vision and dental
- Our employees work in a comfortable, progressive and friendly environment
- Career progression is based on merit not tenure
Learn more about what’s happening at Softchoice, please visit our website at www.softchoice.com
We thank you in advance for your application!