Burnaby, BC, Canada
Interested in joining a small team of highly motivated usability and user interface design professionals? Excited by the prospect of bringing best-in-class user experiences to Nokia’s next generation of devices? If so, we are currently looking for an individual with talents in creating stunning interactive experiences to join our team. You must be creative, passionate about what you do, and able to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to brainstorm new design concepts for future music-centric software and services, translating them into mockups and simulations using best practices for visual and interaction design.
- Supporting usability and user research efforts by creating and iterating on simulations that may range from a single feature to an entire application.
- Understanding and aptly applying Nseries and Ovi style and branding guidelines, working with other visual design teams to help evolve those guidelines.
- Engaging in the user experience design process by producing quick concept designs & prototypes of candidate solutions, demonstrating a flexibility to iterate frequently.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a commercial product environment, ideally related to mobile and web applications
- Expert in using Flash/Flex/ActionScript or similar tools to code robust and extensible applications
- In-depth knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong visual design sense and graphical/illustration skills
- Understanding of user experience fundamentals, including user-centered design process, information design, and industry UI standards
- Must be a highly collaborative team player who will thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel to collaborate with partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS degree or equivalent experience in human-computer interaction, interaction design, web design, graphic design or a related field
- Must have excellent portfolio to demonstrate media design expertise
To apply, please visit the Canada/Vancouver section of our careers website at:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.