Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless HandheldT product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
We are looking for Senior Interaction Designers to create compelling design solutions that cross both the mobile and desktop user experience, with a focus on media and content management for Mac/PC and Web applications.
You are passionate about design and prolific in creating engaging visual content and design interactions with a meticulous focus on simplicity and elegance. You are well versed in the tools of graphic design and animation and communicate your ideas and concepts effortlessly using storyboards, simulations, prototypes or videos.
As a member of the IxD team you will help to further understand and define user behaviors and interactions, exploring and proposing innovative features, developing and refining concepts and playing a key role in their implementation. You will work in a cross-functional team that includes usability analysts, engineers, marketing, product managers, as well as other interface/visual designers. The ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters are essential skills. You must be fluent in user centered design methodologies and information architecture and be able to apply this knowledge across a wide range of platforms. You will be responsible for presenting and documenting your user interfaces designs. You will be responsible for developing user interfaces designs specifications and guidelines.
As an advocate for the consumer, you strive for innovation and simplicity by leveraging research, strategic thinking and your experience, building relationships within a technology centric organization. Leading by example you will contribute directly to projects as well as through design direction, project reviews and leading brainstorming sessions. You will guide and mentor others on the team, sharing your personal strengths and experience.
- Ability to formulate simple, elegant interaction design solutions
- Ability to formulate and distill design rationale and guidelines for your work.
- Attention to detail both functional and aesthetic
- Demonstrate design solutions using interactive prototypes on handheld and PC
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- A skilled communicator comfortable with meetings and presentations
- Exceptional understanding of user centered design methods and principles
- Experience with contextual and lab-based research methods
- An understanding of underlying technical requirements and constraints
- Practical knowledge of graphic design tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash
- BA in either Human Factors/HCI, Industrial Design, Multimedia Design or related field
- A minimum of 7 years creating user experiences for commercial software
- 1-2 years experience in a senior design role
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!