Want to work with fun people, on a fun product, and make a huge difference? Then you want to be at Hot or Not. Hot or Not is one of the world’s top social entertainment and dating sites:
- Millions of people date through Hot or Not.
- Thousands of people find matches every day.
- We make money and AREN’T advertising supported.
Hot or Not is a fast-paced company that measures releases in days not weeks and rewards individual initiative and gumption.
This is key member of the team, and a growth position. We are looking for a web developer with strong front end skills that is passionate about web standards and ready to take on a huge code base.
- Develop a world class product and user experience using agile methodologies.
- Fix bugs and improve the user experience.
- Experience developing and deploying high availability, high performance web applications.
- Strong knowledge of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Ability to pickup new environments and languages quickly.
- Compatibility with a workplace built around small, highly motivated teams.
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge of Ruby / Rails, Python / Django is a plus.
- Good understanding of current web technologies such as AJAX, or Memcached is a plus.
How To Apply
Applicants are asked to click on the link and apply directly. http://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IPNETWORKXS&cws=1&rid=37
GigPark is a Toronto-based web startup that’s growing fast
- Built with Ruby on Rails and hosted on EC2
- We develop iteratively and release regularly
- We care about quality – our code is well-designed and tested
- We work hard, but smart. We believe less code is better and simple UI design is key
- We’re not religious about technology. We believe in using the right tool for the job
- We like to give back to the open source community
- You have a passion for the web
- You believe that database design is part of application development and you care what happens after your code is deployed
- You have a portfolio of open-source or commercial work you’re proud to show us
- You have opinions on better tools & technologies and love to try new things. You are also pragmatic and choose the best tool for the job
- You have a solid understanding of software fundamentals including: programming languages, scalability, security and source code management
Ideally you have experience with most of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- SQL and database design
- HTML & CSS (we use Haml and Sass)
- Linux or other *NIX OS’s
- Test-driven development
- Web standards
… but you love to learn new tools & technologies so you’re confident that you can quickly become an expert in any of these that may be new to you!
Design skills would be a bonus!
- Chance to join a growing startup before everyone knows the name
- Competitive salary
If you’re interested, or know someone that might be, please get in touch: email@example.com
Rypple is a web-service that gets people fast, honest feedback. We’re a well funded, Toronto-based start-up with an experienced team, a growing community of users and partners, great buzz, and superb investors. We’re moving fast, building neat stuff, and we’re just getting started. We’re looking for few more awesome engineers to join our team.
Our engineering team is passionate, collaborative, smart, and gets things done. We’ve got skills in enterprise and web-app development, usability, gaming, social media, and mobile. Our work environment is creative and laid-back, but very focused on the fast-paced delivery of user value. We care about outcomes, not "formal process" or "our way". We’re flexible – with tools, technology, and our approach. We don’t like waste and we like to iterate.
If you have a proven track record of building successful software (e.g. people love what you create), then we want to talk to you. If you don’t think its crazy to build both scalable, high-quality applications and release early and often – then you’ll like it here.
At Rypple, you’ll:
- Join our dev team to design and build our online apps and the infrastructure we run our business on.
- Regularly deal with users, customers, and our industry partners. You’ll be expected to come up with new ideas to create value and then implement and improve on those ideas
- Be a generalist with technology but a specialist with building world class applications.
- Be highly adaptable to technical challenges and thrive in an adaptive environment.
- Be disciplined and get stuff done.
You’ve gotta have:
- CS or Engineering degree
- 3+ OOP and Java
- 2+ years building online app w/ both front-end and back-end web development (Apache, MySQL, HTML, CSS, XML, Linux)
- Communication skills (as in, you like to talk to customers and co-workers in plain English – you will be expected to get on the phone with users!)
- Demonstrated attention to the tiniest of details
We’d love to see experience with:
- Google Web Toolkit
- Large web application system architecture
- Social web application design-
- Web API’s (REST, Facebook, Twitter, OpenSocial)
- J2EE and Hibernate
- Deploying and maintaining web server technology
- Lean and “Agile” dev approaches
Extra Special Points:
- "Nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills…"
- Teleportation, transmogrification, and/or telepathy
- Sweat the fine print: Include a definition of Kobayashi Maru and you’re guaranteed to have your application reviewed.
How to Apply
Send your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally from http://blog.tweetbucks.com/hr/tweetbuckscom-social-media-intern-with-full-time-potential/
Chango Inc. is “hiring” 2 social media interns for the summer to coordinate our social engagement strategy for Chango.com and Tweetbucks.com! Checkout our recent TechCrunch article and some of the online Buzz. Salary is zip, zero, zilch. However here’s what you do get:
- The opportunity to build your personal brand while pumping up Tweetbucks and Chango.
- Work 4 days a week on our stuff, use our facilities on the 5th day to work on your own stuff.
- A chance at a full-time job at the end of the summer as a Chango community manager
- One intern will walk away with their own Macbook 13″ laptop at the end of the summer. We will be running competitions throughout the summer and the overall winner gets the laptop. Think social media “Apprentice”.
- $50 StarBucks card each month + Wifi access.
- Your own place in a cool brick & beam office in the coolest part of downtown Toronto.
- A great chance to share your knowledge, and learn from a passionate group of experienced entrepreneurs, developers, executives and investors.
What you will be doing
- Build creative mini-campaigns to promote the Tweetbucks & Chango brands with next to no budget!
- Stay highly caffeinated while blogging, tweeting & talking all day about our service.
- Plan, shoot and produce video-blog segments
- Work with seasoned entrepreneurs and an extremely talented development team
- Highly comfortable using and communicating with Twitter and other social media services
- Excellent written English and communication skills
- Positive and self-motivated attitude willing to tackle tasks with limited supervision
- Some technically savvy
How to Apply
Successful applicants will provide us with a 2 page outline of how they will build the Tweetbucks brand using social media tools. Applicants should be creative design a low-budget campaign that might include Twittering, blogging, producing video blogs, fan pages, tweet-ups, competitions and more. This is your chance to show us your creative side and your understanding of how social media works. Submit a link to your proposal via our Contact form. Hint: Checkout the I heart the Cube campaign @tswizz put together to try to win a car.
Work in the Fashion / Media District of Downtown Toronto – King St. West. Starbucks is 10 seconds away with a killer patio.
Originally from http://jobs.well.ca/jobs/80-software-developer-2
We’re looking for an experienced software developer to build new features for the biggest online health store in Canada. The position is in a small team so you’ve got to be someone that enjoys the responsibility and freedom to build stuff — from thinking up new ideas to writing the actual code. The ideal candidate is someone that writes PHP web applications for fun, doesn’t think AJAX is that scary, and sometimes has nightmares involving large SQL statements. The position is full time in our downtown Guelph office.
- Dream up, design, code and test features for a live e-Commerce site
- Prioritize plans and feature requests and work independently to produce great code
- Understand usability and design
- Work alongside our CEO to cook french-toast for breakfast meetings
- Have a portfolio of previously worked-on web applications
- Clear verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge of Flash / Flex
- Graphic design portfolio – Photoshop, etc.
Compensation and Hours
- This is a full time position; talk to us about salaries
Well.ca is Canada’s largest online health and beauty store. We sell everything you can find in a drugstore, online.
Well.ca is a customer-oriented store. We want to make sure that every single customer gets the best, most honest and caring service we can offer. So we’re looking for caring, friendly people to work on our team.
This is a great place to work if you’re keen on working in a fast-growing start-up environment. Because we’re a relatively small team, every team member gets to contribute. We are looking for people who are creative innovators, can adjust easily to change, like a job that varies day-to-day, and are passionate about everything that they do.
Apply for this Job
- Analysis of the current site to improve design, UX and flow. This is crucial to your role at Fotolia – what we need to see are some really great ideas.
- Propose, execute, and implement new pages on an ongoing basis – if you keep creating really cool stuff, everyone wins!
- Implement recommendations made by SEO/SEM Analysts.
- Develop new pages for business development and marketing purposes.
- Occasionally design print collateral, we know this may not be your chosen forte, but it’s always a good idea to have some really cool print materials for trade shows and such. Just think – a whole booth designed by you!
- Working with our technical team in France, the business team in Calgary and the CEO in Switzerland (sorry, you likely won’t get to travel to Europe monthly!)
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Strong ability to develop pages from concept to server push
- Experience at a web 2.0/e-commerce/web design company
- Experience in a start-up tech environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Detail oriented, able to grasp the subtleties of Web interface problems
- Strong ability to think in terms of the user’s experience
- Applicable degree, HCI degree an asset
This job is located in Calgary.
Are we talking about you? Send your resume to email@example.com.
Bonus points if you send a sample(s) of your work.
Originally from http://www.ecobee.com/viewpage/index/id/21
This development and operations role will work with both the VP of Development and the Software Architect.
As an intermediate/senior Java developer, your primary job requirement will be design and development of core server software, with emphasis on the data to object mapping layer, and back end design. Ecobee relies on test driven development, and so ongoing maintenance of unit tests and system wide tests is also an integral aspect to the job. The successful applicant will have demonstrated a deep understanding of multi-threaded server architecture, especially how this relates to performance and scalability, and is able to work independently and with little supervision. You will maintain and improve the existing system test scripts, and in particular, the overall system performance test suite.
The secondary job requirement is maintenance and monitoring of our live production servers; in this capacity, you will be working closely with development to ensure server stability, throughput and reliability. This will include design, development and installation of a redundant server and database architecture, consisting of server and database software development and networking equipment installation and configuration.
In addition, you will also be assisting our technical support group, fielding issues related to the production environment. In this capacity, you will be responsible for analyzing database throughput, advising on performance, scalability and robustness.
- Design and development of new features in the application, based on requirements gathered from product management.
- Investigate and implement recommendations on system changes and operational procedures to increase efficiency or facilitate performance improvements.
- Advise and work closely with development to optimize and improve overall back end performance.
- The job applicant will have experience with large scale enterprise production on the Linux environment (Redhat).
- Knowledge of monitoring software (eg. Hyperic, Nagios), including alerts, escalation policy, etc.
- Maintain the health and operations of the servers, including maintenance of shell scripts, applying OS patches, etc.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to both the user interface, and back end report servers.
- Continually review and verify and document backup policy, retention and integrity.
- Participate in design decisions and help create and implement the company’s core high-volume systems and network infrastructure.
- You will work with QA and tech support to field server related issues.
- Developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans, and capacity planning.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commissioning and installing new versions of the application, both on the pre-production and production servers.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including network equipment, such as load balancers and routers, and configuration of networking services on Linux based servers
Must have experience with:
- Excellent working knowledge of Java.
- Extensive knowledge of relational database (MySQL) administration and management, including real world working knowledge of clustering, failover, fault tolerance, etc.
- Windows, Linux (Redhat)
- SQL (MySQL).
- Unix shell scripting, and Windows batch scripting.
- Experience with maintenance and monitoring of production servers.
- Networking experience (HTTP, DNS, etc).
- Experience with monitoring software such as Hyperic or Nagios
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
BRAINPARK, INC is a software company that creates smart and simple software products to make work easier and people more productive. Our solution is a “mash-up” of social software, semantic web, eLearning, information retrieval, social search, and expertise location management. This next generation approach to enterprise software deals head on with information overload, user generated preferences (meaning and relevancy), and a social context.
We are currently searching for a Software Developer to be part of our team of people who are aggressively innovative and pioneering in their thinking. Brainpark is not just about software development, we are about bringing people together to identify problems in the workplace and brainstorm solutions to solve them. If you are an independent and self motivated worker, this job will appeal to you.
This is a 12 month contract with the possibility of becoming a full time position. Start date: Immediately
The ideal candidate will have a passion for what they do, a strong attention to detail, the ability to produce high-quality work quickly, and a portfolio that demonstrates experience in front-end development, designing and conceptualizing graphics for web sites and other digital media.
- Work closely with design team members to realize the visual design of the product
- Work closely with a cross-functional team in the planning, design and implementation of effective user interfaces for existing and new projects Turn graphics created in Photoshop, Illustrator or simply sketched on paper into beautiful, efficient code
- Maintain UI specifications such as style guides and visual standards documents
- Keep informed of accepted practices, new technologies and new tools for web site design
- Bring creativity, innovation, and assertiveness to the table
- Continually raise the bar on creative assignments, being open and able to act on constructive feedback
- Solve problems to a degree where each design concept is not seen in isolation, but rather, seen as the ‘bigger picture’ in a creative campaign
- Work to drive the business through clear and simple design that supports the unique and differentiated brand experience
- Convert creative strategy into compelling design
- Minimum 3-5 years graphic design experience with design and front end development
- Experience in application design, visual design, and/or website design is required
- Skilled in design and web enabling software – Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Working knowledge of Ajax, and Django is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of browser and accessibility issues
- Well-organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Good design sensibility
- Knowledge of user-experience design, user interface design, interaction design is an asset
- Portfolio showcasing your clean, simple, ‘less-is-more’ design aesthetic – we like white space
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Good sense of humour – the goofier the better!
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume with wage expectations to email@example.com.
We strongly recommend that you take our developer test posted here:
Those who are qualified will be contacted.
Apply for this job
Covarity is a software company based in Kitchener, Ontario that creates ground-breaking technology. We’re literally changing the way financial institutions do business by automating the loan review and monitoring process. Covarity offers a challenging, dynamic, and fun work environment and the opportunity for employees to grow with a company on the rise.
We are looking for a Technical Team Lead for our Network Operations department who will be responsible for design, configuration, system security, monitoring, capacity planning, maintenance, performance tuning, disaster recovery and change management.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Operating System
- Working knowledge on network, systems and application monitoring
- Installs, configures, and maintains client server infrastructure in support of business requirements
- Must have strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality service
- Expertise with network addressing, protocol troubleshooting tools
- Managed a data centre, server environment or lab
- Enjoys working on projects such as scalability, performance, security and business continuity for Bank clients in a Windows Server environment (OS, BizTalk, SQL)
- This role will contribute to the vision and direction for tactical and strategic server architecture, performance analysis, technical work in planning, installation, documentation and administration of all Windows based server applications and hardware
- Position serves as a senior level technical resource on complex-problems for both local and remote servers, maintain server security, access control, documentation, and take a proactive approach in server maintenance and monitoring
- Minimum 5 years of professional information technology experience gained from within an enterprise level computing environment
- BA in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Team based role and have the ability to work effectively within the team and with external vendors is critical
- Excellent communication, planning, organizational, and project management skills, with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced team environment and is skilled at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Able to coach and supervise other systems administrators
E-mail your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message. Please be sure to provide some insight into your initiative, skills and achievement. We wish to thank all applicants but only those with qualifications consistent with the job requirements will be contacted.
enior .NET Developer
Dayforce, the innovator in Workforce Performance Management, enables organizations to integrate corporate performance objectives into the planning, scheduling, and management of their workforce for optimal performance and profitability. Dayforce’s enterprise solutions are delivered on-demand and with latest generation technologies resulting in faster deployments, lower costs, a superior user experience, and a return on investment that is delivered more quickly and more sustainably.
About the Position
Reporting to the Development Manager responsible for Scheduling, the Senior .NET Developer is responsible for designing and implementing new development projects, and completing and augmenting the current solutions and services. They will collaborate with Technical Product Managers, Developers, Technical Writing and Quality Assurance throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and technically solid.
- Analyze, design, prototype, develop , test and support – complete software lifecycle in your hands
- Work with clients, prospects, implementation partners, and Dayforce personnel to envision and deliver the required functionality
- Create and enhance a scalable enterprise application
- Assess risks and impacts on the existing system as new functions are added
- Extensive experience in enterprise software development
- .NET Framework 2.0 – 3.5
- .NET Web development, including WCF
- SQL experience; T-SQL desired
- WPF, Silverlight, Flash/Flex highly desired
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Workforce management domain experience a significant plus
We sincerely appreciate your interest in Dayforce. Only those candidates that have been successfully selected to proceed to the first round of interviews will be contacted.
Please visit http://www.dayforce.com/en/company/careers or apply directly to email@example.com