Trapeze Media (www.trapeze.com) is seeking talented hands-on individuals to join our team as a Freelance Web Application Developers.
What we do
Trapeze is a full service interactive marketing agency.
Trapeze is looking for a freelance web application developer. As a member of the Application Development team, you will create sophisticated Content Management Platforms and web applications for prominent high traffic websites.
You will work on a range of challenging projects with clients such as CBS, Reebok, Canadian Tire, Disney, Pizza Hut, MTV, Cineplex and Globe & Mail. You will be involved in all stages of development of the project, including ideation, technical specifications and prototypes, application architecture and data models, testing, coding, releases management and deployment.
We want to hear from you if…
- you have outstanding development skills and you know what MVC means
- you are a creative thinker, committed to scalability, extensibility and reusability of your code
- you are passionate about the web and you have the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- you have a good knowledge of SQL
- you are a perfectionist who meets deadlines
- you are interested in Agile development methodologies
- you work best in small teams
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
West-end Toronto, ON
A progressive company in West Toronto requires the services of a digital savant individual. Tired of working on your average boring websites, we are looking for someone to develop and design a social network that looks good and is easy to navigate.
- Works on time and meets deadlines
- PHP, HTML, SQL, AJAX (nice to have)
- Comfortable with Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Comfortable developing a social media site
- Thinks creatively
- Potential for growth in a growing company
- Flexible on times of work but require individual in the office for three days a week
Looking to hire for a 3 month contract position. If chemistry is right may lead to a full time position.
Interested candidates can apply (cover letter, resume & portfolio) to Brittani Jarvis email@example.com any questions can be answered by her via e-mail or phone 416-255-4500
Please note this is a contract opportunity for between 6 and 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
- The primary purpose of this position is to design and maintain the front-end of RBC AM public and private web properties (Internet, intranet, advisor and GFS sites) for marketing and communications initiatives within RBC Asset Management
- Responsible for the overall look and feel of all web properties, create elegant, useful and usable designs that unite, engage and bring value to user experience, provide expertise in usability and solve visual problems and noise
- The desired impact of the role is to increase user satisfaction across all web properties, to drive sales of investment products and retain existing clients and assets
- Ability to deliver a superior online client experience for sales force and clients, drive revenue and efficiency while delivering the required key messages
- Responsible for updating all the web properties for RBC AM including the Internet, intranet, advisor, direct and GFS sites
- Respond to ad hoc requests within desired timeframes
- Maintain high standards of quality control for all websites
- Ensure consistency between information posted on all websites, email communications and web components
- Effectively translate Product and Marketing intelligence into online concepts
- Ensure that the online client experience is efficient and ensure that RBC AM key messages are highlighted where appropriate
- Develop a strong understanding of various design techniques and multimedia formats – audio/video
- Continuously look for ways to improve the online client experience through leverage of the expertise and knowledge of the Online Strategies, Web Properties and Applied Innovation groups
- Work with external vendors in the execution of any project elements that have been outsourced;
- Keep up-to-date with new media and marketing strategies, design trends and practices
- Experience executing online marketing strategies
- Work closely with other RBC AM team members to develop innovative new online experiences for both staff and clients, to deliver the RBC AM story
- Peers on the Enterprise Sales, Product, Marketing & Communications teams.
- Liaise with members of RBC AM team to meet key deliverables.
- Liaise with Online Strategies and Web Properties groups to leverage best practices.
- Liaise with vendors and agencies.
- Creative web design, audio/video editing – 90%
- Process development / improvement – 10%
- 1-3 years online marketing experience (financial services preferred)
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the project or brand standards
- Graphic design and multimedia experience – conceptual design, creation of creative and multimedia solutions
- Ability to effectively use the following design programs: Adobe Creative Suite Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work within tight timelines and to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Attention to detail, project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Familiar with technical issues of web development (web standards and accessibility)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interpret technology for non-technical users
- Experience with social networking, community-based sites, and Web 2.0 a definite plus
- Proficient in MAC OS – based design programs including Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Flash
- Please supply a URL for your online resume or portfolio.
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
Unspace Interactive, the A-list brilliant-slash-eccentric Ruby on Rails development studio, is looking for a talented web interface designer to join their small team full time. They are based at the heart of the Queen/Spadina tech grotto in sunny downtown Toronto, Ontario.
Compensation is $90 hourly (on a contract, time and materials basis) for the XHTML+CSS ninja of legend. She must understand the entire creative pipeline: brainstorming, mock-ups, cross-browser standards-driven templates, and iterative development with back-end and Ajax developers. He has to be an excellent communicator, or it’s just not going to work out. Mac OS X and Rails/Haml experience is a bonus but not required.
Please note that Unspace hires primarily based on personality — Jakob Nielsen is already fired. Are you the 1962 World’s Fair love child of Ed Tufte and Björk? Come over right now. Please leave your rounded, pastel, reflective drop shadows at home.
Send portfolio links to and clever jokes to:(sorry, email address removed. position filled) before 5pm, January 30th 2008.
Delvinia Interactive Inc. is seeking an energetic and motivated FREELANCE USER EXPERIENCE ARCHITECT to take on a role in our Strategy and Experience Design team. Work would be awarded on a project-by-project basis and begin immediately with the future possibility of full-time employment.
Delvinia Interactive is a leading digital agency, developing, planning and executing high-impact interactive marketing and research solutions. We are dedicated to helping our clients acquire, retain and better understand their customers through the use of digital channels.
Delvinia is located in downtown Toronto.
This individual will proactively manage client projects and administrative tasks, will have a customer service mind-set and can ensure that customer concerns are handled in a timely and professional manner. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and facilitating customer insight activities to understand user needs, goals and tasks
- Developing customer profiles, personas, scenarios and use cases
- Planning, co-ordinating, and executing formal and informal usability evaluations
- Establishing business requirements and design priorities:
- Analyzing existing web interfaces for usability and user experience issues
- Recommending improvements to content, features and functionality
- Developing wireframes, prototypes and writing interface design specifications
- Providing input to project quotes or proposals
- Participating in team meetings
- Other duties as assigned