Trapeze Media (www.trapeze.com) is seeking talented hands-on individuals to join our team as a Freelance Web Application Developers.
What we do
Trapeze is a full service interactive marketing agency.
Trapeze is looking for a freelance web application developer. As a member of the Application Development team, you will create sophisticated Content Management Platforms and web applications for prominent high traffic websites.
You will work on a range of challenging projects with clients such as CBS, Reebok, Canadian Tire, Disney, Pizza Hut, MTV, Cineplex and Globe & Mail. You will be involved in all stages of development of the project, including ideation, technical specifications and prototypes, application architecture and data models, testing, coding, releases management and deployment.
We want to hear from you if…
- you have outstanding development skills and you know what MVC means
- you are a creative thinker, committed to scalability, extensibility and reusability of your code
- you are passionate about the web and you have the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- you have a good knowledge of SQL
- you are a perfectionist who meets deadlines
- you are interested in Agile development methodologies
- you work best in small teams
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this is a contract opportunity for between 6 and 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
- The primary purpose of this position is to design and maintain the front-end of RBC AM public and private web properties (Internet, intranet, advisor and GFS sites) for marketing and communications initiatives within RBC Asset Management
- Responsible for the overall look and feel of all web properties, create elegant, useful and usable designs that unite, engage and bring value to user experience, provide expertise in usability and solve visual problems and noise
- The desired impact of the role is to increase user satisfaction across all web properties, to drive sales of investment products and retain existing clients and assets
- Ability to deliver a superior online client experience for sales force and clients, drive revenue and efficiency while delivering the required key messages
- Responsible for updating all the web properties for RBC AM including the Internet, intranet, advisor, direct and GFS sites
- Respond to ad hoc requests within desired timeframes
- Maintain high standards of quality control for all websites
- Ensure consistency between information posted on all websites, email communications and web components
- Effectively translate Product and Marketing intelligence into online concepts
- Ensure that the online client experience is efficient and ensure that RBC AM key messages are highlighted where appropriate
- Develop a strong understanding of various design techniques and multimedia formats – audio/video
- Continuously look for ways to improve the online client experience through leverage of the expertise and knowledge of the Online Strategies, Web Properties and Applied Innovation groups
- Work with external vendors in the execution of any project elements that have been outsourced;
- Keep up-to-date with new media and marketing strategies, design trends and practices
- Experience executing online marketing strategies
- Work closely with other RBC AM team members to develop innovative new online experiences for both staff and clients, to deliver the RBC AM story
- Peers on the Enterprise Sales, Product, Marketing & Communications teams.
- Liaise with members of RBC AM team to meet key deliverables.
- Liaise with Online Strategies and Web Properties groups to leverage best practices.
- Liaise with vendors and agencies.
- Creative web design, audio/video editing – 90%
- Process development / improvement – 10%
- 1-3 years online marketing experience (financial services preferred)
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the project or brand standards
- Graphic design and multimedia experience – conceptual design, creation of creative and multimedia solutions
- Ability to effectively use the following design programs: Adobe Creative Suite Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work within tight timelines and to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Attention to detail, project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Familiar with technical issues of web development (web standards and accessibility)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interpret technology for non-technical users
- Experience with social networking, community-based sites, and Web 2.0 a definite plus
- Proficient in MAC OS – based design programs including Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Flash
- Please supply a URL for your online resume or portfolio.
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
StickerYou is an upcoming web platform for consumers to create, customize and order high quality stickers. It is a new exciting start-up company with a website launch in Spring 2009. It will be one of the most stimulating places on the Internet for users who want to access, create and customize images, according to their own lifestyle, that can be ordered. We are looking for a highly talented User Experience Architect to work with our development team (downtown Toronto).
A highly skilled User Experience Architect with 8+ years experience in software and/or a web based interactive applications. The ability to translate business objectives and technical development into a user centered, intuitive, functional, and aesthetically appealing design. The deliverables would be detailed documents for Interaction Flows, User Interface blueprints, and a Wireframe schema.
- Ability to conceptualize and navigate website designs
- Experience with user-centered design techniques, and creating organizational concepts and project processes for web sites both large and small
- Proven track in information architecture industry standards and best practices
- Use design recommendations to articulate user interfaces via mockups and prototypes
- Courses in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Behavioral Science is a plus
You will be supported with detailed business case documentation, functional specs, and a preliminary User Interface design. You will compliment and work closely with our small software development and design team to create the most inspiring and user-friendly on-line creation experience.
Send your resume and hourly rate to:
President, StickerYou Inc.
awitkin –at- stickeryou dot com