Dayforce, the innovator in Workforce Performance Management, enables organizations to integrate corporate performance objectives into the planning, scheduling, and management of their workforce for optimal performance and profitability. Dayforce’s enterprise solutions are delivered on-demand and with latest generation technologies resulting in faster deployments, lower costs, a superior user experience, and a return on investment that is delivered more quickly and more sustainably.
About the Position
Reporting to the Development Manager responsible for user experience, the Senior UI Designer is responsible for designing the user interface for new development projects. The Senior UI Designer will collaborate with Technical Product Managers, Developers, and Quality Assurance throughout the development process to ensure a consistent and intuitive user experience across the entire application.
- Document user interface requirements
- Conceive, storyboard, design, prototype, and build consistent and compelling user experiences and user interfaces
- Work with clients, prospects, implementation partners, and Dayforce personnel to validate and refine those user experiences and user interfaces
- Contribute to internal UI standards and best practices
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience in UI and graphic design
- 6 – 12 months of experience working with Microsoft Silverlight and C#
- 6 – 12 months of experience working with Microsoft Expression Blend
- SQL experience
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Workforce management domain experience a significant plus
Candidates will be asked to present a printed copy of their portfolio for review.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in Dayforce. Only those candidates that have been successfully selected to proceed to the first round of interviews will be contacted.
Please visit http://www.dayforce.com/en/company/careers or apply directly to email@example.com
Avid Life Media, a leading developer of some of the world’s most cutting edge dating web sites, is looking for a talented Flash/Actionscript Developer to join our growing team. You must be a team player who is able to communicate well, juggle multiple projects, proactively solve problems, and deliver against tight-deadlines in a fast paced environment.
This position located at our Toronto office at Yonge and Eglinton.
You will be developing immersive social networking applications that work closely with our established web properties. You will work with our design team and other departments to implement applications with fast turnaround through all phases from concept to completion.
Strong creative and technical skills including colour theory, typography, layout, user interface design and production techniques.
Well-versed in the quirks of Firefox, IE6, IE7 and Safari, testing and assuring cross-browser and cross-platform quality and adherence.
Send your resume and a link to your online portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org No agencies or contractors please!
Avid Life Media, a leading developer of some of the world’s most cutting edge dating web sites, is looking for a talented Junior Designer to join our growing team. You must be a team player who is able to communicate well, juggle multiple projects, proactively solve problems, and deliver against tight-deadlines in a fast paced environment.
This position located at our Toronto office at Yonge and Eglinton.
Your main responsibilities will be to design animated .gif banner ads/campaigns and landing pages. Other responsibilities will include designing HTML email creative, maintaining existing web properties, and other related projects. You will work closely with senior graphic designers and other departments to implement design with fast turnaround through all phases from concept to completion.
- Strong creative and technical skills including colour theory, typography, layout, user interface design and production techniques.
- Well-versed in the quirks of Firefox, IE6, IE7 and Safari, testing and assuring cross-browser and cross-platform quality and adherence.
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience with Flash and Actionscript.
Send your resume and a link to your online portfolio to: email@example.com No agencies or contractors please!
Ganz’ Webkinz has revolutionized the toy industry with its innovative and engaging combination of online and offline play. A true popular cultural icon, Webkinz has been featured on every major television network and was ranked number 2 on Google’s 2007 Zeitgeist list of most popular searches.
Now is your chance to join the creative team that has brought this vibrant world to life. Ganz is seeking a talented and motivated person with a proven love of online entertainment for this position:
Creative Lead – Webkinz
- Work with the creative writing team to execute the vision of the Creative Director to the high standards established for Webkinz.
- Will represent the Creative Team in project meetings and will enforce the spirit of the creative in these meetings.
- Will report regular status of projects to the Creative Director, and will bring the Creative Director into disputes as necessary.
- Bring new, fresh interactive ideas to the Creative Director for possible inclusion in the Webkinz Plan.
- Provide the day-to-day creative leadership required to execute the Webkinz Plan.
- MUST HAVE 5+ years of proven creative excellence working in the interactive entertainment or children’s marketing industry.
- 2+ years in middle or higher management position.
- Experience working in children’s entertainment strongly preferred.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of interactive media including interface design, usability, writing for the internet, game and activity design.
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and concisely to senior management.
- Must understand the technical abilities and limitations of today’s online interactive tools; Flash in particular.
- Should show an affinity and interest in children’s entertainment and kid’s culture.
- Must exhibit a clear understanding of the technical, business and artistic needs of interactive development.
- Bilingualism is an asset (French, Italian, Spanish & Portuguese).
Interested candidates must email their resume and online portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check out our website www.webkinz.com.
markET is looking for a Web Designer. To qualify you must create awesome designs for websites. You enjoy challenge and seek to grow into more senior roles over time. Your initial contract will be to design our new website. Subsequent contracts, leading to full-time employment, will be the design and renovation of our customer’s websites.
markET is a Toronto based company specializing in the field of Demand Generation. Whelp companies implement the latest inbound marketing techniques to produce more leads of higher quality at lower cost. We are a well-funded startup with an experienced
Management Team and we’ve entered the hottest growth area around on the ground foor. Come grow with us…
Using a supplied marketing brief, design our own website. Working from a design brief, and a client supplied style-guide, design new sites for our clients or renovate their existing ones. You will also work with the marketing department to design emails landing pages, and white paper and blog layouts for both internal uses and client needs
A college diploma is a minimum requirement.
A minimum of 3 years experience designing web applications.
Please specify your preferred graphic design programs in your application. Good spoken and written English communication skills are essential.
A working knowledge of HTML and CSS would be nice.
Position has been filled.
Mid-town Toronto, ON
Own the visual design that defines BeSocial.com as well as art direction and brand identity for the company.
Interested in working for a startup technology company with lots of energy and excitement? BeSocial.com is looking for the brightest and most talented candidates to join our team. We’re a small company based in Toronto with a great opportunity for anyone who joins to make a big impact.
At BeSocial, we value efficiency, working smart, and exceeding the status quo. We place great emphasis on maintaining a transparent and autonomous environment where everyone’s opinion is respected and where people’s contributions are acknowledged and rewarded. BeSocial is also proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we’re not influenced by race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or any other factor irrelevant to doing a great job.
If you feel you’re up to the task, we’d love to meet you. If this is not a fit for you, please feel free to forward this message along to others who may be interested in learning about this opportunity.
The Ideal Profile
- You’re an experienced user-centered designer focused on both visual and interaction design for the web.
- You think strategically, deliver pixel-level detail, and have a passion for visually defining a brand. You also have a talent for understanding users and identifying their needs so that you can design and document solutions to real-life problems.
- Design various aspects of our online presence, such as web user interface design, page layouts, promotional landing pages, email newsletters/campaigns, and Flash banners.
- Design (occasionally) graphic print pieces for marketing, developer communications, presentations at conferences and high profile meetings.
- Maintain working knowledge of CSS and HTML (although another team member will be responsible for production code).
- Quickly understand the constraints of a design challenge and identify the tradeoffs.
- Monitor visual design consistency across all projects and mediums: layouts, color palettes, typography, iconography, etc.
- Communicate your design thinking via thorough specifications and reviews. Produce design deliverables that are easily accessible by anyone in the company.
- Provide feedback to the product development process and contribute to prioritizing work.
- Work under the pressures of deadlines, handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
- 3+ years visual design experience at an agency, studio or contractual work.
- Extensive knowledge of visual design, information design, and interaction design.
- BFA or MFA in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or Visual Arts.
- Required software and technical knowledge: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks.
- Strong portfolio featuring design samples.
- Experience with a version control system such as Subversion.
- Proven ability to define problems and solutions independently and with teams.
Assets (not required)
- Experience creating or maintaining visual interface guidelines.
- Full understanding of W3C standards, specifications, and best practices with respect to security, scalability, maintainability, reliability and usability, as well as cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Desired software and technical knowledge: Flash.
- Academic background in human factors/ergonomics, cognitive science, psychology or HCI.
- Experience conducting user testing.
- You love food and dining out, otherwise known as a Foodie.
Part-time, with the opportunity (and willingness) to join our growing team full-time.
You’re preferably located near central/downtown Toronto and will work remotely from your home/office.
A competitive compensation and equity package will be negotiated based on experience and performance. Comprehensive health and dental benefits are available for full-timers.
Join Us…Apply Today!
Want to join us? Please send your resume and a cover letter with the subject "Your Name – Visual Designer – via BeSocial.com" to email@example.com. You must include a portfolio that shows deliverables you directly worked on. All communication and correspondence is held in the strictest confidence to ensure that you can connect and learn more without exposure.
Only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Can’t help but love the shot at Microsoft in the latest Mozilla Labs Design Challenge post. Nice.
No windows, no unnecessary trappings.
I’m sure that this was not intentionally aimed at Microsoft’s IE8 RC1 announcement. But it made me laugh. It’s hard to imagine the world without the trappings of the personal computer. This is one of the unique challenges presented by August de los Reyes about Predicting the Past. I’ve been thinking more about personal health data, and thinking about how to build solutions aimed at informing and altering behaviour. Not on the scale of transformation that the Office Labs and MSR teams did with Future of personal health concept. The video storyboards used in the Aurora Concept and the MSR Future of Healthcare videos are a great medium for students to express the complexity of the environment and the changes they see in predicting the future.
The question posed by the Mozilla Labs team is about extending the interpretation of the web. What does a user experience look like if the web is ubiquitous?
The Design Challenge is a series of events to encourage innovation, and experimentation in user interface design for the Web. Our aim is to provoke thought, facilitate discussion, and inspire future design directions for Firefox, the Mozilla project, and the Web as a whole.
It’s an interesting outreach to inspire and engage members of the Web community. It builds on the work that Mozilla did with Adaptive Path on the Aurora Concept exploring the future directions and ideas for Mozilla as a browser. The Design Challenge Spring 2009 asks 20 students to answer the following questions:
“What would a browser look like if the Web was all there was? No windows, no unnecessary trappings. Just the Web.”
It’s an interesting question and it provokes a series of other questions:
- What does the Web really mean?
- What does the Web mean in the context of a device? Does the device have local storage? local computation?
- What assumptions as designers are we making about bandwidth? latency? interaction? behaviour?
The question of what is the Web and how individuals and groups interact, communicate and collaborate is really interesting. I hope that design students will document their assumptions about the hardware, software, networking infrastructure, carriers and to make their visions real.
As the Web becomes even more ubiquitous, we’ll never have to leave it. Whether it’s on touch tables, giant wall-sized screens, mobile devices, or just our computers, exploring the interactions for browsing a windowless Web will become ever-more important in the next couple of years.
Great opportunity for 20 design students to design a vision for the future. Plus they’ll get to work with Beltzner, Madhava, Aza, Alex and the rest of the team at Mozilla.
Want to make a huge difference? Want to work with fun people on a fun product?
Then you want to be at Avid Life Media.
Avid Life Media has some of the world’s top dating sites:
- Millions of people date through Avid Life Media.
- Thousands of people find matches every day.
- We make money and AREN’T advertising supported.
- Avid Life Media is a fast-paced company that measures releases in days not weeks and rewards individual initiative and gumption.
This is key member of the team, and a growth position. You will have your fingers in the entire breadth of Avid Life Media’s offerings: our website, social networking apps (Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, etc) and iPhone and other mobile apps.
- Design and develop a world class user experience
- Create detailed specifications, wireframes and visual mockups
- Create graphics, logos, and icons
- Be responsible for all brand-related creative at the company for both print and web
- Finally, you will likely manage a team of designers as the company’s needs grow
- The ideal candidate is an experienced hands-on designer who is excited about new concepts and can think in terms of both wireframes and visual designs. You have worked in a product development group for leading brands, websites, and mobile devices. The position requires a strong design background in visual and interaction design and a portfolio of work demonstrating the range of experience.
- At least four years experience in web design
- Strong information architecture skills. We would like to see specifications: wireframes, site maps, etc
- Strong visual design skills with demonstrated ability to create graphics and icons with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to design simple and engaging user interfaces
- Located in mid-town Toronto.
No agencies or contractors please.
Applicants must live in the Greater Toronto Area or be willing to relocate.
Send resumes to jobs at almlabs.com
Make sure to tell us why you think you are a fit and any relevant url’s to your portfolio, blog, work, resume, etc.
StickerYou is an upcoming web platform for consumers to create, customize and order high quality stickers. It is a new exciting start-up company with a website launch in Spring 2009. It will be one of the most stimulating places on the Internet for users who want to access, create and customize images, according to their own lifestyle, that can be ordered. We are looking for a highly talented User Experience Architect to work with our development team (downtown Toronto).
A highly skilled User Experience Architect with 8+ years experience in software and/or a web based interactive applications. The ability to translate business objectives and technical development into a user centered, intuitive, functional, and aesthetically appealing design. The deliverables would be detailed documents for Interaction Flows, User Interface blueprints, and a Wireframe schema.
- Ability to conceptualize and navigate website designs
- Experience with user-centered design techniques, and creating organizational concepts and project processes for web sites both large and small
- Proven track in information architecture industry standards and best practices
- Use design recommendations to articulate user interfaces via mockups and prototypes
- Courses in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Behavioral Science is a plus
You will be supported with detailed business case documentation, functional specs, and a preliminary User Interface design. You will compliment and work closely with our small software development and design team to create the most inspiring and user-friendly on-line creation experience.
Send your resume and hourly rate to:
President, StickerYou Inc.
awitkin –at- stickeryou dot com
The Kenna Group is a full service Customer Management Agency that provides end-to-end solutions for optimizing its clients’ customer relationships. Using problem-solving skills and technology, Kenna helps clients develop an integrated, measurable and profitable approach to relationship management.
The Senior Art Director, in collaboration with the Creative Director, conceptualizes and develops creative ideas and oversees the design and visual look of the final product. They will present creative concepts internally, contribute to internal brainstorm sessions and present externally at creative client briefings. They will generate and execute creative solutions for clients while ensuring creative cohesiveness of the product from concept to production.
- Develop strategic visual solutions that deliver on communication objectives and the brand in partnership with a copywriter
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Work within budget parameters
- Attend all internal creative meetings and presentations
- Present work to internal and external clients with effect and passion
- Work with Creative Director to develop and design layouts and creative boards for clients
- Prepare art direction style guide and propping lists for Producers and style out meeting
- Must review first and final colour Proofs falling between weeks 6 and 3
- Participate with creative briefs and brainstorms
- Oversee the graphic design team including design production, promotion and advertising production
- Accountable for managing the timelines as well as ensuring the effective prioritization of all projects under your care.
- Leading in-house designers and freelancers as well as directing outside support services
- Provide art direction and execution of Graphic support
- Communicate all progress and/or concerns to the team in a timely and efficient manner as it relates to any work under your care
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies within your area of expertise
- Degree or Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education. Education in Graphic Design preferred
- 8 – 10 years experience in the industry specifically in digital and/or graphic design
- Proficient with MS Office and design products: Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lettershop and web media programs
- Able to present ideas/creative to clients
- Able to produce creative ideas appropriate for the marketing channel and project
- Strong time management skills to manage multiple projects within a deadline oriented environment
Anyone interested to send a copy of their resume to Wendy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org