This is a contract position that can lead to permanent Please email cover letter and resume to Harvey dot Kreiswirth at logitech dot com
The Interactive Services Team of Logitech’s “Harmony” remote control division has an exciting 3 month contract (with a possibility of becoming permanent) available for an experienced User Interface Designer!
Enjoy the fun and excitement of Harmony’s startup atmosphere while benefiting from the resources and experience of Logitech’s Fortune 500 status. You will be a key player on a team that is transforming the industry with world-class design and award-winning innovation. In less than two years, Logitech’s Harmony universal remote controls have become the best-selling remotes in North America. Our fresh approach to home-entertainment control has taken the industry by storm. To continue with this exceptional growth, we need an exceptional User Experience Designer to join our team!
User Experience Designer
We are seeking a User Experience Designer capable of designing software and websites using various technologies. The role encompasses understanding business and technical objectives, creating/modifying information architecture, developing interaction models, defining user interfaces, and possibly helping with the visual design.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for consumer entertainment devices and online software; someone who pushes creative boundaries and can effectively communicate their ideas from simple paper drawings through compelling, high-fidelity prototypes. The ideal candidate will have experience with dynamic interfaces and animation tools, and possess an enthusiasm for creating breakthrough UI.
Responsibilities include working with product management and engineering to conceive, develop, and prototype the software user interaction model and visual appearance, and then continuing the process to finalize designs, clearly document the solutions, and monitor their implementation. Experience building commercial web software and understanding the constraints of the software development environment is preferred. You must be a solid team player with excellent communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Interaction Design or related discipline (Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience designing in the software technology industry
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in successful user experience and visual design
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with technical and as business disciplines/colleagues
- Knowledge of information architecture, task-flow models, storyboarding, wire framing, visual design specifications and guidelines, asset production
- Experience executing interaction prototypes using a range of prototyping methods such as paper, screenshot click-throughs, HTML/ CSS, Flash, Silverlight, Expression Blend, etc.
- Proficiency with standard design applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc…)
- Ability to work under tight and changing timeframes and priorities (startup atmosphere)
This position is located in Toronto, Canada This is a contract position that can lead to permanent Please email cover letter and resume to Harvey dot Kreiswirth at logitech dot com