Zerofootprint – API Developer
Zerofootprint is looking for an experienced developer who is environmentally focused for a key position in our exciting start-up. We are looking for someone with the skills necessary to connect our SOA-based carbon management software to external systems by improving our API to connect with third parties. You will be collaborating with our internal development team as well as external clients to improve the external interface to our carbon engine. You must have experience designing and implementing a web service that was used in a production environment.
- help to design and implement APIs for external use by customers and partners
- write and maintain unit and integration tests for all work
- write documentation for all work, both for internal (team) and external (client) use
- test against third party connector solution
- 3+ years of Java experience
- B.Sc in Computer Science
- experience designing and implementing web services, specifically using SOAP and REST
- experience with writing/parsing XML, XPath
- experience with SQL databases, preferably MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- comfortable on the Unix/Linux command line (e.g. Bash) and in Mac OS X
- exposure to Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat, Apache
- good team and interpersonal skills
- excellent spoken and written English
- SOA experience, ideally using Mule and JMS
- experience with concurrency and multi-threading
- web application experience
- knowledge of the science of climate change and the impact of carbon consumption on our planet
About Zerofootprint Software Inc.
Zerofootprint provides essential technologies and services to the growing carbon management market. It operates in three complimentary, for-profit arenas-Offsetting, Consulting, and Software as a Service (or Software as a Platform). It also has a strong presence in the not-for-profit market through, among others, its building skinning and city carbon calculator projects.
Zerofootprint’s solution “circle” provides end-to-end services to enterprises, organization, governments, and individuals. The company’s full suite of tools measure, manage, report, and offset carbon production. Enterprises engaging the VELO solution participate in a Continuous Improvement Process that will reduce carbon emissions.
This position has been filled.