We’re looking for a skilled, organized recent graduate who has a passion for e-books. You’ll join a recently funded startup busy revolutionizing the delivery of educational content. Symtext has a great product set to launch for the fall semester, as well as significant customer traction from schools, professors, students and publishers. If you’re independent, extremely organized, and a good project manager with excellent communication skills, please learn more about us at www.symtext.com, and contact us.
This is a contract position with a high probability of becoming full time.
- Work with schools and professors to identify their content needs, and work with publishers to source this content
- Coordinate various types of projects: collecting digital content from publishers, helping professors setup their courses and students with Symtext, assisting custom integration projects with university IT and Administration
- Add metadata to content and facilitate upload to the Symtext platform; help develop content classification systems
- Provide product training and demos for professors, schools and publishers
- Develop and maintain training and support materials including the site FAQ, knowledge base, etc.
- Help with the day-to-day operations of the company from preparing presentation to doing research and attending events
- Degree in Business or Master of Information preferred
- Highly organized with demonstrable experience managing projects of some kind
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- A natural problem solver and hard worker
- An understanding of e-books and Web 2.0 products and services
- Interested in start-up environment: must be comfortable with risk, fluidity and change
- A sense of humour…
Candidates will be required to provide references upon request, and may also be asked to take a practical test.
To apply, email me at ian AT symtext DOT com.