Position: Rockstar Engineer opening at funded startup – socialDeck
We’re building a platform for cross platform gaming — technology that enables games to be played between mobile and the web. Think playing games from your iPhone to Facebook to BlackBerry to MySpace. Our founders are ex-Amazon and ex-Microsoft rockstar developers and both are ex-Waterloo. Our first iPhone game, Shake and Spell is already live on Apple’s AppStore (it’s a top 100 application). We are all about work and play hard and believe employees are our biggest asset. We are funded by a tier 1 VC and located in a King West loft space with 22 ft ceilings and a badminton court inside. Drinks every Friday.
Ready to kick some tail and have an amazing time doing it? How about working with the most cutting edge technologies, applying them to the next generation of gaming? We are looking for the brightest and most talented software engineer who will work with the platform team on building out our gaming platform in the cloud. He/she will design and implement highly-scalable server systems to connect to the world’s most popular networks. He/she will also be involved in building our client frameworks for iPhone, BlackBerry, Facebook, and Android. Sound like fun?
The nitty gritty; we’re looking for people with:
- iPhone: You’ve worked with Objective-C and understand the basics of the iPhone APIs
- J2ME/BlackBerry/Android: You’ve worked with J2ME and understand the design and development constraints associated with building for a mobile platform
- J2SE, Hibernate, Spring: You have worked with the Java/Hibernate/Spring stack and can get a simple web app up in no time
- Linux, Tomcat: You’re comfortable working in UNIX and have experience working with and tuning Tomcat
- MySQL: You know some basic SQL and understand how to analyze and optimize DBs for scalability and performance
- Web services (REST): You understand web services (specifically REST), both architecturally and operationally
- SOA: You understand why SOA (Service-Oriented-Architecture) makes sense and how to build a loosely coupled distributed system using those principals
- C/C++: You’re not afraid of pointers
- Facebook: Experience with the API is a plus
If you don’t have all of the above, no sweat. Let’s talk.
What we offer
- Salary, generous equity + beer
- Comfy chairs
- Big monitors
- A chance to change the world of gaming forever