Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That’s Rogers. Right now we are looking for a talented individual to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
As an Information Architect and User Experience Analyst in Rogers Media’s Digital Media Business Services department, you will develop user interaction designs and workflows as part of brand-specific Web solutions for our internal clients.
Our clients are radio stations, consumer and trade publishers, broadcasting, SportsNet and Rogers Centre, as well as the Digital Media platform team. Client names you might recognize include Citytv, Maclean’s magazine, Marketing magazine, Chatelaine, and 680 News.
We are looking for people with a passion for customer-centred design, who can remain true to that philosophy in the occasional pressure to let other forces dominate. We are looking for some one who enjoys collaborating with internal Web operating units to ensure that the project meets its business objectives. We measure our projects’ success through Web analytics, so an aptitude for numerical analysis is important.
- Capture business rules and assumptions, and develop use cases for consumer-oriented website features
- Write, update and manage wireframe, user flow, and navigation/site map documentation that is understandable by business stakeholders, technical stakeholders and the production team
- Work closely with the development team to translate requirements into interaction designs
- Develop low fidelity prototypes for use in usability or concept testing
- Learn about the brands’ businesses, not just their Website
- Research and synthesize competitive site reviews, user data and best practices information
- Keep current on best practices and industry knowledge
- Use case and/or user flow analysis documentation experience
- Web page wireframing documentation experience, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service, teamwork and collaboration, initiative, problem-solving, and understanding different technologies and processes
- Agility and willingness to learn new tools and methodologies as appropriate to the project at hand
- Time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing objectives coming from multiple directions
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Courses in information architecture, business analysis and statistics an asset
- Knowledge of databases, content management systems, HTML, CSS and scripting an asset (in communicating with team members)