Mid-town Toronto, ON
Interested in working for a startup technology company with lots of energy and excitement? BeSocial.com is looking for the brightest and most talented candidates to join our team. We’re a small company based in Toronto with a great opportunity for anyone who joins to make a big impact.
At BeSocial, we value efficiency, working smart, and exceeding the status quo. We place great emphasis on maintaining a transparent and autonomous environment where everyone’s opinion is respected and where people’s contributions are acknowledged and rewarded. BeSocial is also proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we’re not influenced by race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or any other factor irrelevant to doing a great job.
If you feel you’re up to the task, we’d love to meet you. If this is not a fit for you, please feel free to forward this message along to others who may be interested in learning about this opportunity.
The Ideal Profile
You’re a well-rounded technical talent who likes nothing better than to write high quality code on a LAMP framework (and you’re experienced enough to know LAMP can’t be found at IKEA). You’re accountable for the quality of your work, and you never assume support and maintenance are someone else’s problem. You’re also comfortable building and maintaining production boxes from scratch.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle, including analysis, documentation, design, coding, testing, debugging, and implementation.
- Develop and implement new functionality from staging to production environment.
- Lead QA process.
- Day-to-day site and server maintenance.
- Maintain working knowledge of CSS and HTML (although another team member will be responsible
for front-end production code).
- Provide feedback to the product development process and contribute to prioritizing work.
- Work under the pressures of deadlines, handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
- 3+ years of professional development experience (preferably with a Web 2.0 stack).
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development or Information Technology.
- Expertise with PHP (4/5), PostgreSQL, MySQL, and one or more OOP languages.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks such as Prototype, JQuery, etc.
- Previous work experience with server caching, capacity planning, and other web application scalability issues.
- Experience with a version control system such as Subversion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to define problems and solutions independently and with teams.
Assets (not required)
- Build, configure and maintain enterprise-level virtual hosting environment (System Administrator).
- Experience building and maintaining flexible and rich Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Experience with e-Commerce sites.
- You love food and dining out, otherwise known as a Foodie.
- Permanent full-time. Also open to part-time or freelance with the opportunity (and willingness) to join our growing team full-time. When can you start? We needed you yesterday!
Directly beside St. Clair subway station in midtown Toronto (Yonge and St. Clair).
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive compensation and equity package will be negotiated based on experience and performance.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits are available for full-timers.
- Career advancement opportunities, as well as award/recognition program.
- Free drinks and snacks (incl. beer) in the office.
Join Us…Apply Today!
Want to join us? Please send your resume and a cover letter with the subject "Your Name – Software Developer – via BeSocial.com" to firstname.lastname@example.org. All communication and correspondence is held in the strictest confidence to ensure that you can connect and learn more without exposure.
Only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.