Mid-Town, Toronto, ON
Want to work with fun people, on a fun product, and make a huge difference?
Then you want to be at Avid Life Media.
Avid Life Media has some of the world’s top social entertainment and dating sites:
- Millions of people date through Avid Life Media.
- Thousands of people find matches every day.
- We make money and AREN’T advertising supported.
Avid Life Media is a fast-paced company that measures releases in days not weeks and rewards individual initiative and gumption.
This is key member of the team, and a growth position. You will have your fingers in the entire breadth of Avid Life Media’s offerings: our website, social networking apps (Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, etc) and iPhone and other mobile apps.
- Develop a world class product and user experience using agile methodologies.
- Experience developing and deploying high availability, high performance web applications.
- Create detailed specifications and documentation.
- Strong skills in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Ability to pickup new environments and languages quickly.
- Compatibility with a workplace built around small, highly motivated teams.
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge of Ruby, Python, Java, or C/C++ is a plus.
- Strong information architecture and database design skills.
- Good understanding of current web technologies:
- (Standards-based) HTML, CSS
- – AJAX
- – Memcache
Located in mid-town Toronto.
No agencies or contractors please.
Applicants must live in the Greater Toronto Area or be willing to relocate.
Send resumes to jobs at almlabs.com