The Information Architect position at Sonic Boom, Toronto, is essential in defining the consumer’s online experience. The chosen candidate is a logical, analytical problem solver who can synthesize various forms of research into informational and navigational design flow. He or she must balance consumer and client objectives to find solutions that capture the optimal path between each group’s needs. Clients have information they want to provide, consumers have information they seek – it is the Information Architect’s role to define this union. The Information Architect will work with Sonic Boom’s team of seasoned professionals who all work in specific capacities including: strategy, creative, content, production, technology and quality assurance.
- Working with our Strategy team to identity, prioritize and document user and client needs;
- Synthesizing research findings to aid Sonic Boom teams developing the Web site architecture;
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to refine the information architecture process at Sonic Boom;
- Preparing IA documentation (site architectures, wireframes, use cases and task flows, etc.) to be used by Sonic Boom’s teams;
- Ensuring IA documentation is continuously updated and distributed to Sonic Boom’s team as variables change;
- Working with our Creative team to develop intuitive navigational flow, interactive features and wireframing, based on the team’s vision;
- Working with our Content team to determine and document content weighing, organization and naming schemes (i.e. nomenclature) to ensure consistency;
- Developing plans which our Production teams can use to help guide their work through the life cycle of a project;
- Working with our Technology team to ensure operability and feasibility of the solution. Assessing the impact of the proposed solution versus the agency’s proprietary platform, the "Control Centre";
- Presenting user experience documentation to clients in a clear and confident manner ; and
- Remaining informed of updated issues related to usability and interactive media in order to evolve Sonic Boom’s client offerings.
- A minimum of three years’ industry experience in interactive media, information technology or communications. Preference will be given to those who have worked at an interactive agency setting in a similar role;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the role of information architect, user experience lead or information design lead;
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in a variety of written and diagrammatic forms;
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relations skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Proven understanding of and hands-on experience with: user-centric design, project processes for the development of large-scale Web site projects, documentation requirements for Web development teams, application of content management systems, personalization, targeting and searching systems, tracking and measurement applications;
- Proficient use of OmniGraffle, Axure RP Pro, Visio, MS Office and all Internet browsers including PC and MAC; and
- A comprehensive approach, detail-oriented and highly organized, plus the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
Sonic Boom Creative Media Incorporated is a division of NATIONAL Public Relations.
Please send resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.