Founded in 1992 and headquartered in downtown Toronto, Novator Systems is an e-commerce solutions company that assists clients build brand loyalty and maximize customer satisfaction.
Novator delivers innovative and profitable online strategies to clients and it has helped them gain strong and competitive positions on the Web as well as deliver the highest conversion rates, customer satisfaction scores, and site performance in the industry.
Online retail is all about creating a good customer experience. At Novator, we like to practice what we preach. We want our employees to have a great experience too. It’s important to us to attract – and keep – the best people. It’s how we stay ahead of the competition – and get to work with the best clients in the industry.
We offer a flexible, relaxed work environment, a competitive benefits program, challenging projects with brand-name clients and a few nice little perks to show our appreciation for our employees’ part in our success (free on-site massages come to mind).
At Novator, you’ll work hard. You’ll hang out with smart people. You’ll definitely learn a lot. And you’ll have a great time doing it.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Interface Architect will work within the Product Management team to create, specify and oversee the development of an intuitive and consistent software interface for the Novator ecommerce platform, based on the product vision, roadmap, and high-level requirements.
- Review, analyze and interpret artifacts such as software requirements, use cases, technical specifications and complex data models, translating them into concise, intuitive interface designs for enterprise software.
- Produce and manage meticulous design deliverables such as User Interface Specifications, workflows and wireframes capable of providing systematic guidance to development and quality assurance teams through the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the product management team during software specification by providing input on interaction strategies, and supplying the ability to rapidly draft prototype interfaces for validating potential requirements and use cases.
- Review ongoing development and QA testing to ensure adherence to User Interface Specifications and Novator standards for usability, human factors and interface quality.
- Negotiate deviations from spec and revise documentation as necessary. Maintain a current and consistent library of user interface documentation.
- Provide ideas and input to the Product Management team relating to product development, user experience, process improvements, and product features.
- Be a subject matter expert on the product, as well as on usability, human factors, and application design, providing guidance and consulting services to internal and external stakeholders as requested.
- Apply business case logic and sound decision-making skills when scoping interface requirements and reviewing design feasibility.
Minimum and Essential Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Human Factors/HCI, Information Technology, Industrial Design or related discipline. A diploma with extensive experience in user interface design may be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience as an information architect, user interface designer, or interface developer with significant design responsibilities.
- Must have prior experience designing or developing for complex transactional applications such as commerce platforms, financial systems or analytics packages.
- Must have strong knowledge of information architecture, user-centered design, interaction design, navigation design, and online user experience.
- Must have the ability to create and manage bulletproof user interface documentation including User Interface Specifications, wireframes and process diagrams.
- Portfolio must demonstrate an exceptional ability to interpret and distill complex requirements and processes into elegant, intuitive interactions.
- Must have detailed knowledge of web interface principles and technologies such as HTML, CSS and AJAX, and the ability to use this to estimate and establish the feasibility of each design.
- Familiarity with software development processes in a Java environment, including the role of databases, object modeling and web tier integration is preferred.
- Demonstrated fluency with Microsoft Visio and Office suite is required. Knowledge of modeling and prototyping applications such as Dreamweaver, Axure or Enterprise Architect is a plus.
- Superior technical aptitude combined with proven creativity and lateral thinking.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must write precisely and concisely.
- Absolute and meticulous attention to detail and consistency while maintaining the ‘big picture’.
- Capable of producing pixel perfect documentation.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to follow through on technically demanding projects.
- Proven ability to work professionally as an effective member of a high-performance team.
Qualified candidates may forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INDICATE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT AREA.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please
No phone calls please