Trapeze seeks a strong technical manager with experience leading and developing teams of programmers, making important technical choices, and defining internal processes and procedures.
Toronto-based Trapeze (www.trapeze.com) is a leading digital agency that works with a select group of exciting world-renowned clients, including Bonefish Grill, CBS Television, CBC, Cineplex, Disney, Jaguar, LandRover, Natrel, Sobeys and many others.
You will lead Trapeze’s talented team of web and application developers working on creating customized projects for our clients.
Your core duties will include:
- Defining a standardized approach to define technical solutions and technical architectures for our client projects.
- Collaborating with client facing teams and internal developers to determine the best technical solutions to challenges.
- Defining the internal processes and methodologies of the development team.
- Managing the development of re-usable code libraries and tools.
- Acting as the lead technical person on the most demanding client projects
- Making decisions on which technologies Trapeze invests in training and developing our staff in.
- Developing the skill sets and capabilities of all of Trapeze developers, especially growing a team of highly capable lead developers under you.
- Computer Science degree
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple teams of developers
- Demonstrated experience in developing software development project management processes.
- Project management training and / or other management training an important asset.
- Strong understanding of/experience with web technologies (see following list)
- Required areas of technical expertise:
- CMS Platforms
- LAMP – Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP and Python
- Some experience in Microsoft technologies -.NET / ASP would be a big asset
Nice to Have
- Java / J2EE / JSP
- Facebook and Open Social application development
- A desire to continuous learn and develop new skill sets
- Detail-oriented and accountable for deadlines and quality of work
- Committed to extensibility and reusability
- Can distil business requirements into technical solutions while retaining a sense of the “big picture”
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Actively seeks input from other team members
- Can motivate and energize those around them
- Willing to work occasional additional hours when necessary
- Position Reports directly to CEO
- You will be part of the senior management team responsible for charting a future direction for the company and integrating the capabilities of Trapeze’s different areas of expertise
- You will have team of currently 10 developers reporting to you
- Position will work closely with other VP / Director staff in following areas
- Director of Trapeze Labs – in making technical choices for the company, determining development methodology and identifying opportunities for re-usable tools
- Director of HR – in hiring and developing staff
- Director of Production – in project staffing and resourcing decisions
- Competitive compensation plan
- Comprehensive health benefits plan (medical, dental, life insurance and disability)
- Excellent working conditions
- Career advancement opportunities
Email your current resume to email@example.com with the words “Director of Application Development” in the subject line. No calls, drop-ins or faxes, please.