Cineplex Entertainment LP is part of a unique industry that is passionate about providing an exceptional customer’s experience while having fun doing it. We are 100% Canadian and employ over 8,000 full-time and part-time employees. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange and generate revenues in excess of $800 million. Our company offers a competitive, comprehensive total compensation package. If you are passionate, innovative, enjoy a fast work pace and love movies, Cineplex is for you!
The Interactive Media department has an immediate opening for a Sr. Web Designer reporting directly to the Director, Web Operations.
The Sr. Web Designer is responsible for the ongoing design, development, and maintenance of Cineplex.com and associated projects for external clients. Candidates must have a strong sense of graphic design, as well as excellent XHTML and CSS skills along with experience in Flash.
On a daily basis, the Web Designer will work in a fast-paced team environment and will be required to work independently while continually communicating with other team members and delivering the highest quality product possible. This role is heavily production focused on a day-to-day basis.
The Sr. Web Designer’s responsibilities include the creation of websites, newsletters, micro sites, online promotions/contests, online media, games, and flash animation.
- Possess the ability to create outstanding work while meeting deadlines for multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Participate in brainstorming and creative meetings along with other Cineplex team members as well as clients as required.
- Present creative work to Director and internal / external clients in an articulate and descriptive manner.
- Develop, evolve and maintain online standards in partnership with Director.
- Ensure that internal and external client needs are met in “look & feel” despite personal design tastes. Must be able to work in many different designs styles (corporate, edgy, animated, etc.).
- Work closely with Director to plan the layout and design of large projects.
- Work closely with the Technology team to ensure developed functionality is in full working order.
- Each project will have unique requirements that must be achieved while maintaining outstanding aesthetic quality.
- Ensure all projects are well scoped, and are delivered on-time, on-target and on-budget with a high level of client satisfaction.
- Support new business / revenue-generating initiatives and collaborate on client presentations as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Related post secondary education or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a busy, demanding studio-type environment.
- Demonstrated experience of building for Accessibility.
- Excellent understanding of cross browser and cross platform coding practices.
- 2+ yrs of experience working in and around backend scripting languages – .ASP, .NET, PHP, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise level content management systems an asset.
- Intermediate level Flash with a focus on the creation of ad units and promotional interactivity is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Image Ready, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Strong project/time management abilities – can take a project successfully from concept to mockup, design, execution, launch and takedown with high levels of client satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are requirements for this position with the ability to communicate technical detail to non-technical team members.
- Quick learner who functions well in fast paced production environment.
- Passionate interest in integrated/online media and user experience is a definite must.
- Willingness to learn and seek out opportunities.
- Strong work ethic with a passion for quality and customer service orientation.
All applicants will be required to supply work samples that demonstrate the requirements outlined above.
Interested applicants please click here Sr. Web Designer . NO AGENCY CALLS PLEASE.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.