Marketing Technology Landscape
- The great digital migration of marketing (and business).
- The convergence of paid, earned, and owned media.
- Customer experience as the core of marketing.
- Rise of the creative/marketing technologist.
- Agile marketing management.
The post lays forth a strong foundation for marketers and investors looking at understanding the competitive landscape of different offerings. Interestingly as a practitioner it also provides a great summary of the tools available to enable potential tactics. There are a few logos and companies I think are missing in the landscape, for example, Calls section is missing Twilio and Voxeo/Tropo. And the diagram is missing the entire SMS marketing enablement which are both part of the breakdown of VoIP and SMS through programmatic APIs. I am also trying to figure out where in the list to put Influitive, Custora, Totango, Spinnakr, Bloom Reach and a few others. It is an amazing list. There are a few new companies that I need to check out and learn more about.