CIO has a great article about 5 products:
- the Magnavox Odessey (before my time)
- the Xerox Star (saw one at CHI’98 in LA)
- the Commodore Amiga (I think there is one in my basement)
- the Apple Newton (sold it a couple of years ago)
- and the Gateway Destination (ahh, I’m really more of a Mac person)
The article talks about how great technologies and products are not always successes. I think I owned a number of the innovations, and it is amazing to realize how many great products were failures.