- Ask 37Signals: Numbers?
Very interesting breakdown of the 37Signals numbers and server stack. It’s a very interesting to know the approximate numbers even when compared to other applications and when looking at startup infrastructure (check out the 36 startup tips AdaptiveBlue).
- What’s Next In Tech?
It’s great to see Anand listed amongst names like Jeff Han and Dean Kamen.
- 7 Must Reads for Developers turned Entrpreneurs
Includes great articles about shooting down good ideas, passionate employees, staying hungry.
- Cook with Jamie is a great cookbook.
All profits are going towards Fifteen which I was looking at last week because I heard it’s built on Sharepoint and it meets accessibility guidelines. I have no idea if it’s using AKS from HiSoftware to make Sharepoint accessible. It’s beautifully designed and implemented by Code and Content but the site feels slow.
- Bootstrapped Design for Geek Powered Startups
If you’re building a startup and you need some design help, this is where you should start. Great introduction and resources for developers who should be focused on building technologies and companies.
- iRise for Entrepreneurs is aimed at making it’s prototyping tools available to entreprenuers for 90 days before deciding to use this as a product management platform. Scott MacDowell provides a review of iRise, Axure and others as a Visio replacement tool on Boxes and Arrows.
- Why Early-Stage Investments Fail
Fred Wilson breaks down Union Square Ventures 32 investments and why 5 failed. You should read this!