It looks like MaRS has finally upgraded their content managment system. It looks like they are running Magnolia and WordPress 2.0.2. MaRS is an outstanding facility who have been behind community driven efforts. Their leadership including Dr. Ilse Treurnicht and Allen Gelberg have supported the DemoCampToronto from early in our existance.
This non-credit course is designed to introduce members of the research community to issues relating to starting and growing a technology based business. It is targeted at graduate students, post-docs, faculty, technicians and others active in research in a scientific or engineering discipline, who have an interest in creating a company to exploit the results of their research.
MaRS continues to support activities that blend research, entrpreneurship and technology commercialization. I hope that a number of startups and others in the Toronto community take advantage of the outstanding programs and facilities in MaRS. This years Entrepreneurship 101
program is hosted by Tony Redpath and looks to be engaging, educating and effective. Make sure you check out the Webcast Archive. Over 400 people attended the opening session and it proves that MaRS if finally starting to reach out and engage a community.
- November 7, 2007 – Introduction to Technology Commercialization
- November 15, 2007 – Different Types of Entrepreneurship
- November 21, 2007 – Life and Business Lessons : Get Smarter
- November 28, 2007 – Negotiations
- December 6, 2007 – Science and business do mix
- December 12, 2007 – Mechanics of Starting a Business
- December 19, 2007 – Building a Business Model
- January 9, 2008 – Basics of Marketing I
- January 16, 2008 – Basics of Marketing II
- January 23, 2008 – Selling Yourself: Resume and interview skills
- January 30, 2008 – Science and business do mix
- February 6, 2008 – IP Management
- February 13, 2008 – Written Tools for Building a Business
- February 20, 2008 – Budgeting
- February 27, 2008 – Science and business do mix
- March 5, 2008 – What Do Investors Look For?
- March 12, 2008 – Term Sheets: Terms of Investments
- March 19, 2008 – Science and business do mix
- March 26, 2008 – Human Resources Management
- April 2, 2008 – The Role of Boards, Advisory Panels, Service Providers
- April 9, 2008 – Building Technology Teams, Building Marketing / Sales Teams
- April 16, 2008 – Science and business do mix
- April 23, 2008 – Building a Pitch
- April 30, 2008 – Science and business do mix
- May 14, 2008 – Up-Start Pitch Competition Finals 2007/08